Wednesday, January 10, 2007

French should learn Chinese


According to the Chinese People's Daily Online, yesterday Segolene Royal called for more Chinese language education: "More French people should learn Chinese, and senior high schools should set up Chinese classes." This is all well and good if she is intent on creating a new multipolar world with China at its head, but if she wished for a stronger Western alliance and to give the French a business edge, she might have picked a more obvious language: English.

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Yassine said...

Hi,
I learn Mandarin in Beijing. It's been five months now that I'm learning this beautiful language. It's true that Chinese is hard but learning it won't be that hard if you have the right learning tools and resources. As far as I'm concerned, I use this useful Chinese English dictionary and when I'm stuck, I just post my questions to this Chinese learning forum. I also learn Chinese writing online. I hope these learning Chinese tools would help you learn Chinese quickly and smartly. Thank you ;-)

William said...

I am also learning Chinese by a special and innovative service in Beijing Chinese School. I like to learn in live class with teacehrs from Beijing directly. I also like to practice Chinese with volunteers freely everyday. Watching Chinese learning TV on CLTV is also interesting and helpful to practice listening and learn more about Chinese culture.