Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sarkozy will quit before election


UMP candidate Nicolas Sarkozy has affirmed that he will leave his post as Interior Minister several weeks before the first round of elections this spring. Sarkozy endured a public rebuke several weeks ago by President Jacques Chirac, who not so subtly indicated that he expected everyone (read Sarkozy) to continue their duties despite the presidential campaign.

Sarkozy was also quite frank when asked what he would do if Segolene Royal and Francois Bayrou made it into the second tour, thereby ending his presidential chances.

"I take a blow on the head and then I reflect. I say to myself how could you mess up! How could you be so bad!. The first thing, is that I do not accuse any of my collaborators, none of my friends. I say to myself it is necessary really that you do another trade, my old man".



Technorati tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: